[ubuntu-my] Balasan: Re: Balasan: Re: Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty.. anybody?

Muhammad Radzi Ismail amirulraz at yahoo.com.my
Wed Apr 4 10:49:17 BST 2007

Ong hean kuan <mysurface at gmail.com> wrote: Did ubuntu installation have customization? which allow you to select
what to included in and what is not, like fedora or centos etc?

I wish one day, ubuntu at least gives some option, not everyone wants
compiz or beryl installed by default.

oh...i know what you mean....ok....let talk what is special about ubuntu here...firstly....unlike some Red Hat distribution(example Fedora)...ubuntu give you auto detect  for  hardware....then...ubuntu has  really  strong  software support  especially  there  are  many distributions change its base to ubuntu base....example like linspire...when it change to become ubuntu based...ubuntu got click &  install  system  like it...hardware support....ubuntu give full attention to this..so you can even get driver from official repo....ubuntu has many mirrors compare to others....(not all distro have this...there are some)...and what you see as weakness actually is advantage of ubuntu ....why....?ubuntu comes only with important software...so it only required us to use cd,not like other distro that come with like a 1000 of bundle software...but we don't need it,you can install later what you want...like gstream..for play video just

sudo apt-get install gstream*

and it will install all coder for video..but you still need win32 for play windows palyer format..search it in google where can be download..

....(even SuSe start to do this(mean also include cd version) in its 9 version released..now beta  10.3) ..but you can install...yup...beryl is not installed but default  yet..but compiz is dependency for ubuntu-desktop..actually ubuntu-desktop is not really important...what is important are ubuntu-minimal,ubuntu-standard..so if you don't want compiz ...just uninstall it but by the way..if you don't enable it ,it is already enough,it won't give you any effects:)...

any question just ask please

MuHaMmaD RaDzI IsMaiL