Thunderbird 7 on Ubuntu Oneiric

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Wed Sep 21 13:26:34 UTC 2011

Mihamina:

The default theme for Thunderbird was modified per Canonical's request,
in order to make Thunderbird fit in better with their default theme.
This was one of the requirements for making Thunderbird the Ubuntu
default e-mail client.

If you'd like to get the original icons back, you have a few options:

1)  Download and install Thunderbird directly from Mozilla, and bypass
Canonicals packaging.

2)  Install the "GNOME" or "Humanity" themes for Thunderbird.  I just
tested them, and they revert the icons.  Currently, you'll need to force
add-on compatibility (either with the Add-on Compatibility Checker or
Nightly Tester Tools add-ons).  Please note that I have not thoroughly
tested these themes, and they might break the appearance of several
interfaces in Thunderbird.

I hope that helps!

All the best,

-Mike