Bug in Thunderbird-trunk

Xavier Guillot Valeryan_24 at laposte.net
Thu Aug 11 09:00:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm using Mozilla daily ppa on Ubuntu Oneiric alpha 3 64, and since a
week I have a recurring bug with Thunderbird-trunk (actual version
8.0~a1~hg20110810r8285+nobinonly-0ubuntu1~umd1)

Just a few seconds after I start the program, it closes
systematically, even if I do nothing (just automatically getting mail
on the spamcop imap server).

First, as I had a lot of extensions, some not compatible with 8.0 but
forced with comaptibility reporter, I uninstalled Thunderbird +
Thunderbird-trunk, erased thunderbird and thunderbird-trunk folders in
/home then purged ppa + removed cache etc... so clean up of the
installation.

I reinstalled a fresh version of thunderbird-trunk 2 days ago,
re-configured manually the account (no import from previous session,
no extension).

The first run worked well, it re-synchronized all my emails (about
20.000), fine, and stayed working many hours.

But since the next restart, it begins again : a few seconds and brutal
closing...

I run thunderbird-trunk from terminal, get this message :

(thunderbird-trunk-bin:3262): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **:
dbusmenu_menuitem_child_append: assertion
`DBUSMENU_IS_MENUITEM(child)' failed

I install thunderbird-trunk-dbg, run thunderbird-trunk &>
thunderbird-trunk-dbg-log.txt

log message is :

(thunderbird-trunk-bin:3916): LIBDBUSMENU-GLIB-CRITICAL **:
dbusmenu_menuitem_child_append: assertion
`DBUSMENU_IS_MENUITEM(child)' failed

Thanks ina dvance, and if I can help, please explain me what to do to
get more details on this bug.

Best regards,

Xavier Guillot