Attaching files from Gnome network shares

Struan Bartlett struan.bartlett at NewsNow.co.uk
Sun May 3 16:14:54 BST 2009

Hi Team,

Please let me know if I should direct this query elsewhere.

I have been trying for years to get Icedove to allow me to attach files
from Gnome network shares. The description of the icedove-gnome-support
package sounds like what I'm looking for. However although I have it
installed, I don't have this functionality. By contrast, OpenOffice
happily lists my Gnome network places in the Gnome File Open/Save
dialogs. On my machines, Icedove doesn't and never has.

I've been banging my head against the wall about this for years now and
have searched high and low for an explanation. You couldn't possibly
point me in the right direction for solving this could you please?

Best wishes,

Struan Bartlett

--

Struan Bartlett