Request for packaging Seamonkey 2 alpha

John Vivirito mozilla.extensions.dev at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:00:33 BST 2009

On 04/30/2009 07:13 AM, Alexander Sack wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 08:35:47AM -0400, John Vivirito wrote:

>>> I have been building it in PPA it is too soon to package it for official
>>> repos
>>>
>>> https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak/+archive/ppa
>>>
>>> I have been at a stand still for a few weeks due to build failures and
>>> lack of time to fix.
>>>

>> Ok it looks like the FTBS should be fixed I will check on it again in a
>> few days since i am very busy this week.
>>

> (Thanks John for working on seamonkey 2.); yes the seamonkey 2 build
> worked fine in your PPA - last time i looked.
>
> I think keeping seamonkey in a ppa is good and appropriate. To make
> that more official we might want to consider taking it to our daily
> archive until it reaches beta ... from whereon we might also want to
> provide milestone builds - either in archive or in some PPA.
>
>  - Alexander

My builds are b1 as i recall. I would love to wait for a more stable
beta or rc before adding this to Karmic if we decide to go that route
but that depends on upstream releases time frame
I have now added hardy intrepid jaunty and karmic builds in PPA.

Moving them to dailies is a good idea but once again lets wait for a
more stable release (afaik bot doesn't fix anything)

if anything major changes i will post it to our mailing list
major = new major release

--
Sincerely Yours,
    John Vivirito

https://launchpad.net/~gnomefreak
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnVivirito
Linux User# 414246

"How can i get lost, if i have no where to go"
    -- Metallica from Unforgiven III