Fwd: [Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "NotifyOSD/Comments" by linkinpark342

( ``-_-´´ ) -- BUGabundo ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Wed Mar 25 23:11:47 GMT 2009

Does anyone want to comment on this?

Subject: [Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "NotifyOSD/Comments" by linkinpark342
Date: Saturday 21 March 2009
From: Ubuntu Wiki  <noreply at ubuntu.com>
To: Ubuntu Wiki  <noreply at ubuntu.com>

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Ubuntu Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by linkinpark342:
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD/Comments?action=diff&rev1=32&rev2=33

The comment on the change is:
Added author-of-extension's comments

   Thanks for pointing them out. They’re both specced and patched now. —mpt

  There is an experimental plugin for firefox that uses the notifications for downloads https://addons.mozilla.org/es-ES/firefox/addon/9622 - JorgeCob
+ > Hello, I'm the author of said extension; just thought I'd pop in and ask if there's anything I can do to help integrate this more with Ubuntu's new build. I think if I fix the one major issue (need to move from binding to the window to an XPCOM binding, I need help doing this if anyone understands what the hell that means (I don't)) it should be ready. I'm only keeping it in experimental at the current time because of that.

   Unfortunately that wouldn’t really help, because it would result in Notify OSD showing an alert box whenever downloads had completed. [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD#Firefox|Our recommended behavior for Firefox]] doesn’t use notification bubbles at all. —mpt

Hi, I'm BUGabundo, and I am Ubuntu (whyubuntu.com)
(``-_-´´)	http://LinuxNoDEI.BUGabundo.net
Linux user #443786    GPG key 1024D/A1784EBB
http://BUGabundo.net