Theubuntu google custom search as default page in firefox

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 31 11:23:12 BST 2009

Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> Please, make up your mind and commit to transparency. Tell people that
> you are behaving a bit less impurely, but for good reasons. I am sure
> that the majority of users will understand. Everyone understands what
> you are doing in any case but silence causes doubts, in me, too.
Vincenzo, there were extensive discussions at the last *two* UDS's about
how we might change the search. This is helping us gather data. There's
no secret cabal at work. I understand your concerns, but wanted to set
the record straight about the public discussion. Your feedback on the
functionality is valuable - thanks!

Mark