[brian at ubuntu.com: Package Bug Reporting Guidelines]

Alexander Sack asac at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 16 09:40:28 GMT 2009

FYI,

We should obviously look into setting something up for mozilla
packages ...

----- Forwarded message from Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> -----

From: Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com>
To: Ubuntu Devel <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Package Bug Reporting Guidelines

In Launchpad it recently became possible to have bug filing guidelines
on a per package basis[1].  The bug filing guidelines are presented
whenever someone files a bug about the package, for an example see the
linux package[2].  However, currently only the ubuntu-drivers team can
set those guidelines[3].  As an interim solution I've written a script,
using the Launchpad API, to set the guidelines for a package or a group
of packages.  We are currently collecting guidelines in the
package-bug-guidelines directory of the ubuntu-qa-tools[4] project in
Launchpad.  Please add guidelines for packages you care for and I'll get
them added to Launchpad.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/43893
[2] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+filebug-advanced
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/315582