lightning extension for mozilla

Alexander Sack asac at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 11 00:01:53 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 02:02:08PM +0100, Victorin Luisier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just discovered a problem with dependencies of the lightning-extension
> package:
>
> When you install the lightning-extension package for thunderbird,
> libstdc++6 is one of the dependencies. But If you don't install
> libstdc++5, lightning doesn't work.

The lightning-extension package isn't built against the old libstdc++5
library so the dependency should be right.

However, upstream still builds all 1.8 branch stuff against that old
library, which means that you have installed a lightning .xpi manually
in the user profile.

Go to Tools -> Addons in tbird and see if you can "Uninstall"
lightning. If thats the case it means that you have a lightning in
your profile; if you want to use the packaged version, just uninstall
and restart.

 - Alexander