Behaviour of Firefox for untrusted certificates

Martin Graesslin ubuntu at martin-graesslin.com
Wed Apr 30 18:25:51 BST 2008

Hi,

just one more thing ;-) I just were in the lucky situation to have a "normal"
user (my brother) as a tester. I asked him to login to my university's
webmail. After clicking on login and receiving the "error message" he did not
do anything for about half a minute. Then he tried to change the URL as he
thought that "wwwmail" looks wrong. He added a dot which resolved in a wrong
URL and a different error message. Then he tried back which resolved in the
post again question which he cancelled. This returned him to the login page.
There he tried different links as he thought the login button is not working.
After about two minutes I stoped this test and explained the situation.

Well he showed me that my concerns are true. I quite agree that this is an
upstream topic, but I fear that Mozilla will not fix it (I have not and will
not read the whole discussion).

I do not care for Mozilla that much that I will explain my opinion there
again. But I care for Ubuntu. That's why I opened the bug ;-) So I hope you
will solve this issue even if it is not addressed upstream. By the way I will
test this with Iceweasel 3 on Debian. If it works there as I want it to work
this would be a reason for me to switch the distribution.

Best regards
Martin