idea.

Alex Latchford alex at yawnster.com
Fri May 11 08:27:36 BST 2007

Alexander Sack wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 07:09:37PM -0500, Freddy Martinez wrote:
>
>> How well are the nightly builds of firefox? I think it would be
>> interesting to have a build of Firefox to release to the community to
>> look at the progress of Fx 3.0 (i guess same would go with
>> thunderbird). Is this a possibility? Any way, just a thought.
>>

> absolutely ... thats the idea. FFox should be in preview archive already?
>
>  - Alexander
Yes Firefox 3.x-dev is in John's Repository, under the name firefox-trunk..

Because of that name change you can run 2.x and 3.x at the same time, TB
2.0 is also in there, under the package name 'thunderbird', (however it
does also have a transitional package called mozilla-thunderbird which
is what will appear on the updates..

There is a slight bug that some of the extension settings aren't saved
when going from one to the other, but as 2.x is in Alpha stages it is to
be expected I suppose..

Thanks, Alex.