Bug Assignment Policy.

Alex Latchford alex at yawnster.com
Wed Feb 7 07:47:26 GMT 2007

Howdy guys,

Today I applied to get into the QA Team, (I got in), but Simon Law
wondered why I didn't have any assigned bugs, he doesn't seem to like
our policy of assigning everything to the Mozilla Team and to be honest
I am not it's biggest fan. I think that if a bug you have started
triaging then it should be assigned to you so you can go back and find
it. Whereas at the moment you are relying on going through and sometimes
I never get back to it again.

This is why I propose to go back to the old BugSquad system where you
assign bugs to yourself to work on them, it means you can keep that
dialogue with them until the report is finished and then you probably
could assign it to the Mozilla Team.

Thanks, Alex.