[Bug 788274] Re: dns lookup issue: firefox& chromium take very long to load on Ubuntu Narwhal
788274 at bugs.launchpad.net
Thu Oct 13 17:01:28 UTC 2011
Herald, I can't think of anything rather than the way the said browsers
communicate with the dns. Since they all keep printing "waiting for..."
There shouldn't be anything in the kernel, because nothing else seems to
Recently I also noticed that I am not seeing the issue when I am on the
ethernet connection. From time to time it may also be working OK when on
wireless with ath5k driver - go figure. If it is the driver issue, it is
still very strange to me.
** Tags added: apport-collected natty
** Description changed:
I have 3 PCs with different Ubuntu versions 10.04, 10.10 and 11.04.
I noticed that on 11.04:
1) it happens on all js-capable browsers
2) pages without js are rendered alright
3) when js is disabled on firefox4 it seems to speed up some not all, though, e.g. it does for cnews.ru, but not for launchpad.net (which never loads)
4) w3m-img,elinks,lynx are fast and load those pages in questions alright
5)none of these problems exist on 10.04 or 10.10 with web browsers of the same versions
6) it is an Ubuntu 11.04 only issue, does not happen on older version of Ubuntu
7) does not seem to be an ipv4/ipv6 issue, since on firefox I set ipv6.disable to true
On the affected machine (as well as on the others) I got a custom kernel installed.
uname -a: Linux 220.127.116.11-mine #1 SMP Wed May 4 12:28:50 CDT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
+ Architecture: i386
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
+ Package: linux (not installed)
+ Tags: natty
+ Uname: Linux 3.1.0-rc6-mine+ i686
+ UnreportableReason: The running kernel is not an Ubuntu kernel
+ UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to natty on 2011-05-06 (160 days ago)
+ UserGroups: adm admin audio cdrom dialout dip floppy fuse lpadmin netdev plugdev powerdev scanner video voice
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in Ubuntu.
dns lookup issue: firefox& chromium take very long to load on Ubuntu
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs