[Bug 631182] [NEW] Selection of generated text (by CSS :before) looks wrong
mottyporat at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 23:12:35 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox-3.5
Please view the attached file and "toy" with selections by mouse. Notice
the CSS :before style.
Expected result: consistent behavior of the b's: either always ignore or
1. When I drag the mouse slowly, the b's are not selected.
2. When I drag fast, in some arbitrary lines the b's appear selected.
3. When I select a range by: mouse-click (and release); press shift; press keyboard arrows - the b's are not selected.
4. When I select a range by: mouse-click (and release); press shift; mouse-click somewhere else - the b's in the range appear selected.
5. When a selection is active, removing the focus from the Firefox window makes the b's within the range appear selected.
However, copying and pasting show that *in all the cases* the b's were
Note: also happens in Firefox 3.6.8
Date: Mon Sep 6 01:43:23 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
Package: firefox-3.5 3.5.9+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.9.10.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-22.60-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-22-generic i686
** Affects: firefox-3.5 (Ubuntu)
** Tags: content css generated selection
Selection of generated text (by CSS :before) looks wrong
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.5 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs