[Bug 594470] [NEW] Mozilla Firefox crashes, ubuntu session terminated, re-logon necessary
ioannis.koukouliatas at web.de
Tue Jun 15 07:14:17 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3
- Ubuntu 10.04
The error appeared after upgrading to ubuntu 10.04.
Reproduced following error couple of times, but not the only way to
1) opening www.map24.de (German route finder page)
2) filling in start and destination points, clicking on next ("weiter")
3) after couple of seconds, black screen appears filled with following text line: "wlan10 error fetching interface information: device not found"
4) the screen / lines appears for about 2-3 seconds
5) Ubuntu presents after some HD activity the usual login window, I can login normally despite all previously active programs aborted
I use a T42 IBM Laptop without integrated WLAN device. I occasionally
use a USB WLAN device which is working pretty well without any crashes.
With same devices and Ubuntu 9.x I had no issues.
I first suspected JAVA and deactivated JAVA script in Mozilla, but error
appears again, just using the search bar (top right corner) to find
something in google.
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: firefox 3.6.3+nobinonly-0ubuntu4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.36-generic 184.108.40.206+drm33.2
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
Date: Tue Jun 15 08:38:21 2010
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
** Tags: apport-bug i386 lucid
Mozilla Firefox crashes, ubuntu session terminated, re-logon necessary
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs