[Bug 516154] Re: Firefox won't close while cookie dialogue boxes are up
ddecator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:35:10 UTC 2010
** Description changed:
Binary package hint: firefox
- Issue: Firefox will not close while there are cookie dialogue boxes up
- (which come from changing the cookie settings to "ask me every time").
- Firefox also seems to slow down over prolonged use while this setting is
+ To summarize - When third party cookies are set to 'ask me every time'
+ the following behavior can be observed.
- Firefox Versions Confirmed: 3.6, 3.7a1
+ 1. Multiple tabs on a window become inoperative, except the X to close the tab.
+ 2. Many websites do not connect.
+ 3. After trying to reach one of these sites, Firefox will not quit. Closing with the X removes FF from view, but it's still running. Ending the process firefox-bin in the Task Manager usually works.
+ 4. Bookmarks overwrite the current page, even if a new tab or window is open prior to opening the bookmark.
- Steps to reproduce:
- 1. Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> Accept Cookies from Sites -> Accept Third-Party Cookies -> Keep Until: "Ask me Every Time"
- 2. Open a website with third party cookies
- 3. While a dialogue box is up, attempt to close Firefox
+ Enabling either of the other two cookie options - 'until they expire' or
+ 'until I close Firefox' does not exhibit the above problems.
- What happens: Firefox will not close unless the process is terminated.
+ I created a new user with default options and was able to duplicate the
+ bug by enabling 'ask me every time'.
- What should happen: Firefox should close, along with the dialogue boxes,
- without issue.
+ Firefox Version: 3.6
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
** Summary changed:
- Firefox won't close while cookie dialogue boxes are up
+ Firefox becomes inoperable when cookies set to "ask me every time"
Firefox becomes inoperable when cookies set to "ask me every time"
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs