[Bug 617884] Re: Cannot access some websites in Ubuntu Lucid
617884 at bugs.launchpad.net
Mon Aug 16 00:31:17 UTC 2010
** Summary changed:
- Cannot access some websites in Firefox, Ubuntu Lucid
+ Cannot access some websites in Ubuntu Lucid
** Description changed:
- Binary package hint: firefox
+ Binary package hint:
- I m ubable to access some websites from Ubuntu Lucid. I am using Firefox
- and Ephipany web browsers. For example, www.123greetings.com, this site
- does'nt even connect, and ping also failed. and the same website i can
- access from windows. and some other websites like wordpress.org, its not
- connecting either. I had tried to access from Live CD, but failed to
- access these websites.
+ I am unable to access some websites from Ubuntu Lucid. I am using
+ Firefox and Chromium web browsers. And also tried windows version of
+ Firefox with Wine, but still unable to access connect certain websites.
+ For example, www.123greetings.com,
+ this site does'nt even connect, and ping also failed. and the same website i can access from Windows partition.
+ And some other websites like wordpress.org, its connecting but cannot
+ load the page fullyr. I had tried to access from Live CD, but failed to
+ access these website.
+ And sometimes unable to connect certain links for file download,
+ For example, I cant download "Nero Linux" deb file from Nero website with firefox in Ubuntu, but I have to download that from Windows partition and then installed in Ubuntu.
+ I think this is not bug in Web Browser, bcos I tried different browsers
+ and also Windows version Firefox in Wine., So I guess something in
+ Ubuntu Lucid Itself is stopping from access some websites.
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
Package: firefox 3.6.8+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-24.39-generic 184.108.40.206+drm33.5
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-24-generic i686
Date: Sat Aug 14 21:26:15 2010
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
Cannot access some websites in Ubuntu Lucid
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs