[Bug 448678] [NEW] Karmic Beta: Thunderbird is slow
christoph at webrahmen.ch
Sun Oct 11 13:02:19 UTC 2009
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: thunderbird
Thunderbird has generally become very slow in Xubuntu Karmic Beta.
* Bringing Thunderbird to the foreground or sending it to the background takes 2-3 seconds. Switching between other applications is slightly delayed when a part of Thunderbird's window is visible.
* Opening a new message takes 4-5 seconds before it reacts to keyboard input
* Even simple message boxes (like the one that asks you if you want to save a message you're closing) take 2-3 seconds to appear.
* Sometimes (but not always), when bringing Thunderbird to the foreground, the message list or the contents of a message will appear, then disappear and load again.
* Sometimes (but not always) typing is slow when not at the end of the paragraph. Characters are displayed with a delay of 1-2 seconds.
Switching between other applications (OpenOffice, Xfce4-terminal,
Thunar, Firefox...) is lightning fast, as usual in Xubuntu. In Jaunty or
any previous version I ever used, Thunderbird did never have that
Hardware: IBM Laptop Thinkpad T42, ~1.7 GHz, 700something MB RAM (usage
during the test <50%), 3GB swap (only a couple of MB used during the
CPU load gets very high when switching from/to Thunderbird. The Xorg
process (not thunderbird-bin!) uses 80-90% for several seconds. This is
not at all the case when using other applications.
Anything I can do to help you find the cause?
Date: Sun Oct 11 14:38:56 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
Package: mozilla-thunderbird (not installed)
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-12.41-generic
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-12-generic i686
** Affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)
** Tags: apport-bug i386
Karmic Beta: Thunderbird is slow
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to thunderbird in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs