[Bug 135388] Re: Firefox fails to display the Timidity GUI
gnomefreak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:28:38 UTC 2009
If i click on Elite Syncopations (1902) It opens in totem since i have that set as default (and it plays)
Here is output of apt-cache show
gnomefreak at Development:~$ show timidity
Maintainer: Ubuntu MOTU Developers <ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com>
Original-Maintainer: Joost Yervante Damad <andete at debian.org>
Depends: libasound2 (>> 1.0.18), libaudio2, libaudiofile0 (>= 0.2.3-4), libc6 (>= 2.4), libesd-alsa0 (>= 0.2.35) | libesd0 (>= 0.2.35), libflac8, libice6 (>= 1:1.0.0), libjack0 (>= 0.116.1), libncurses5 (>= 5.6+20071006-3), libogg0 (>= 1.0rc3), libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4), libsm6, libvorbis0a (>= 1.1.2), libvorbisenc2 (>= 1.1.2), libx11-6, libxaw7, libxext6, libxmu6, libxt6, zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), lsb-base (>= 3.0-6)
Suggests: pmidi, fluid-soundfont
Description: Software sound renderer (MIDI sequencer, MOD player)
TiMidity++ is a very high quality software-only MIDI sequencer and MOD player.
It uses sound fonts (GUS-compatible or SF2-compatible) to render MIDI files,
which are not included in this package.
* Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
* Understands SMF, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI, RMI (MIDI)
* Autodetects and supports GM/GS/XG MIDI
* Understands MOD, XM, S3M, IT, 699, AMF, DSM, FAR, GDM,
IMF, MED, MTM, STM, STX, ULT, UNI (MOD)
* Does MOD to MIDI conversion (including playback)
* Outputs audio into various audio file formats: WAV, au, AIFF,
Ogg (Vorbis, FLAC, Speex)
* Supports NAS, eSound, JACK, ALSA and OSS drivers
* Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and SoundFont2 patch
files as the voice data for MIDI instruments
* Supports playing from archives (zip, lzh, tar...) and playing remote
data from the network
* Timidity++ can be used as an ALSA sequencer device
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
I dont see anything there that it will use its Ui to play Midi files. However it does say:
" * Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all"
when you click on one of the links it will bring up a dialog box askin gyou to "open with" and "save" Can you than open it with Timidity.
Yes there is a bug filed on the "open with" since it defaults to you $HOME dir.
Also as stated above did you try go to >edit>preferences>applications and select what to use to play it?
Firefox fails to display the Timidity GUI
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs