[Bug 1] Re: Microsoft has a majority market share
Matthew Paul Thomas
mpt at canonical.com
Mon Mar 2 09:36:44 UTC 2009
** Description changed:
Microsoft has a majority market share in the new desktop PC marketplace.
This is a bug, which Ubuntu is designed to fix.
Non-free software is holding back innovation in the IT industry,
restricting access to IT to a small part of the world's population and
limiting the ability of software developers to reach their full
potential, globally. This bug is widely evident in the PC industry.
Steps to repeat:
1. Visit a local PC store.
2. Observe that a majority of PCs for sale have non-free software pre-installed.
3. Observe very few PCs with Ubuntu and free software pre-installed.
What should happen:
1. A majority of the PCs for sale should include only free software like Ubuntu.
2. Ubuntu should be marketed in a way such that its amazing features and benefits would be apparent and known by all.
3. The system shall become more and more user friendly as time passes.
- 4. Some companies like Electronic Arts, Adobe and Corel should see Ubuntu and Linux in general a great Target to deliver their software
Microsoft has a majority market share
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs