[Bug 321476] [NEW] firefox fails to handle/play ASX windows media files
duncan.lithgow at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:53:36 UTC 2009
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox-3.0
Movie player, totem 2.25.3-0ubuntu2
* Link number four at http://www.radionz.co.nz/search?mode=results&queries_all_query=stallman redirects to http://www.radionz.co.nz/__data/assets/audio_item/0008/1699424/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom-m048.asx which should play an interview with Richard Stallman
* A page opens with a media icon and nothing happens. The right click context menu includes "Totem Browser Plugin 2.25.3 - Browser Plugin using GStreamer 0.10.22"
* 'Open with "Movie player" ' complains "An error occurred /r Could not open location; you might not have permission to open the file."
What should happen:
* If Ubuntu can play the supplied file, then it should 'just work'.
* If Ubuntu can't play the supplied file it should explain why.
Guesses at possible causes:
* Permission issues? unlikely.
* Missing codecs. Possible, the automatic installer might be broken.
** Affects: firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
firefox fails to handle/play ASX windows media files
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs