[Bug 31746] Re: Difficult to find out how to use multiple profiles at the same time
jan.kunder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:13:52 UTC 2009
Marius Gedminas wrote on 2009-02-25: (permalink)
I would suggest closing this long and meandering bug and instead opening a few new ones:
1. please document the '-a' and '-no-remote' options in firefox --help
2. please document that '-P' and '-ProfileManager' are ignored when firefox with the given application ID is already running
3. please make 'firefox -a someappid url' successfully communicate with an already running firefox instance instead of showing an error
and perhaps, for better user friendliness
4. please make 'firefox -ProfileManager' always open the profile manager (i.e. treat it as if -no-remote was implicitly requested)
5. please make 'firefox -P profilename' open a browser window using that profile (e.g. treat it as if -a profilename was also specified)
Sounds awesome. Excellent idea(s). Marius can you do it, pls?
Or you want some1 else to do it?
Difficult to find out how to use multiple profiles at the same time
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs