[Bug 414890] [NEW] backup mail in cdrom is unreadable
gmolleda at us.es
Mon Aug 17 15:47:42 UTC 2009
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: thunderbird
1) Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
2) Thunderbird 184.108.40.206
3) What you expected to happen: To Final message
4) What happened instead
Thunderbird need the MAIL folder writable, then if I copy my old mail
(burn backup) in a CDROM is impossible read it.
I never delete my messages, a day in year I doing a backup:
1) Close thunderbird
2) burn to CDROM or DVD-ROM the all folders in ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/XXXXXXX.default/Mail/AAA.com
3) Open thunderbird
4) I remove all messages in my folders since Thunderbird.
5) I can receive new messages and all OK, but...
6) I create a new account in my Thunderbird, and I change the folder mail to /media/cdrom/..../Mail/AAA.com
7) Apply changes, close Thunderbird, open thunderbird but the folder is
If I copy the Mail folder to other hard-disk place, and change all
permission to Read-Write, then all is OK and I can view messages.
The problem is that never I can to do a backup, I need have all messages
in hard-disk if I want read it.
Date: Mon Aug 17 17:19:06 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.04
Package: mozilla-thunderbird None [modified: /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-thunderbird.list]
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-24-generic i686
** Affects: thunderbird (Ubuntu)
** Tags: apport-bug
backup mail in cdrom is unreadable
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to thunderbird in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs