[Bug 198945] Re: YouTube: firefox crashed with SIGSEGV
jeroen.brattinga at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 09:32:45 UTC 2008
Ok ... I'm not really sure what happened, but I'm not experiencing the
What I noticed was:
- sometimes the video would start playing, but would stop after a few seconds. I could try to forward the the video, but it would never play through.
- it was not limited to YouTube, a couple of other Flash-players I tested had the same problem
- I had the idea it was limited to video playback in Flash; other Flash movies (e.g. ads or simulations) didn't seem to be affected. Haven't tested this much, though.
For what it's worth, here are the steps I took after this crash (which somehow fixed the problem for me):
- reinstalled nvidia driver v169.12 from nVidia website (since restricted driver is linked to 386 kernel which breaks my USB audio)
- selected Pulse Audio Sound Server in Sound Preferences since ALSA didn't seem to handle multiple audio playbacks (e.g. a video in Firefox and Exaile! playing at the same time) very well. I didn't have this problem in Gutsy, btw. Oh, and I'm using the Bose Companion 5 USB audio (which is now working perfectly - thanks!)
- Maybe nice to know: I've upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy (so no clean install)
Good luck finding the bug and keep up the good work!
YouTube: firefox crashed with SIGSEGV
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs