[Bug 235900] Re: firefox 3 displays full screen on start
oxmosys at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:00:53 UTC 2008
Re-assigning to compiz, per Alexander Sack recommendation, since this
bug is not reproducible outside of compiz.
** Summary changed:
- firefox 3 displays full screen on start
+ firefox 3 displays full screen on start
** Description changed:
On initial start of firefox, it displays fullscreen (i like to call it
super-maximised). ie over gnome panels and without window borders.
This is remedied by pushing F11 twice, to render the web page area
fullscreen, then restore to 'maximized' status. It then corrects itself
to fit within the gnome panels (they are default top and bottom of the
screen), and displays the correct window borders (emerald theme).
I am using:
* Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy
* Firefox 3 beta 5
* Compiz-fusion with emerald (suspect problem exists here, however there are no other apps that display the same issue)
* no Backports or Proposed Update repositories (ie default Ubuntu repositories only)
Update : This bug can be reproduced when firefox is opened in de-
maximized mode inside a lower resolution than the last time it has been
closed. This can also happens, for example, when a firefox profile is
shared between two operating systems with different screen resolutions.
Steps to reproduce:
+ (You must use compiz to reproduce the bug)
1. Use the bigger resolution that your computer can take and open Firefox.
2. If not already done, demaximize the Firefox window (right clic / Demaximize).
3. Close Firefox
4. Change the screen resolution for a very lower one.
5. Open Firefox
Date: Fri May 30 09:17:49 2008
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.04
Package: firefox-3.0 3.0~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu3
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-17-generic i686
** Changed in: compiz (Ubuntu)
Sourcepackagename: firefox-3.0 => compiz
firefox 3 displays full screen on start
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs