[Bug 308042] [NEW] Customized toolbars temporarily reset after changing extensions
EternalEoN at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 00:58:42 UTC 2008
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
I have the extension Tiny Menu, which condenses the menu into one little
button, and I've moved all my navigation buttons up onto the menu bar
with it, and hid the navigation toolbar. It's nice and compact.
But whenever I install, remove, enable, or disable an extension, my
navigation buttons vanish after restarting Firefox. If I unhide the
navigation toolbar, all the buttons have moved back onto it. After I
restart again, everything is back where it's supposed to be.
Using Ubuntu Intrepid, and Firefox 3.0.4. This has happened for as long
as I can remember on Firefox 3.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Move all of your controls--the buttons, location bar, search bar, the spinny thing--onto the menu bar.
2. Hide the navigation toolbar.
3. Install, remove, enable, or disable an extension.
4. Restart firefox; find that your controls have vanished. Or rather, that they've moved back onto the hidden navigation toolbar.
5. Restart again. Customized toolbar is now restored.
Everything stays where it is, regardless of what I do with extensions.
Well, see above.
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
Customized toolbars temporarily reset after changing extensions
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs