[Bug 307153] [NEW] character encoding changes everytime the page is refreshed

Tarif Ezaz tarif.ezaz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:51:31 UTC 2008

Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: firefox-3.0

1. Ubuntu 8.04 - the Hardy Heron - released in April 2008
3. Everytime I change the character Encoding to user defined, it workds fine. But as soon as a new page comes, the encoding changes to UTF-8. This cause some Bengali  letters appearing in the middle of English. If I change the encoding again, this would again happen as soon as the page is refreshed or a new page comes.
4. I expected to keep the User Defined option intact when a new page comes every time :D


ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
Date: Thu Dec 11 19:39:31 2008
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.04
Package: firefox-3.0 3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.8.04.1
PackageArchitecture: i386
SourcePackage: firefox-3.0
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-16-generic i686

** Affects: firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Tags: apport-bug

character encoding changes everytime the page is refreshed
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.

More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs mailing list