[Bug 254117] Re: Firefox' context-menu covers windowless-SWF context menu
andreas.moog at warperbbs.de
Wed Aug 20 21:25:13 UTC 2008
Thanks for reporting this bug and any supporting documentation. Since
this bug has enough information provided for a developer to begin work,
I'm going to mark it as confirmed and let them handle it from here.
Thanks for taking the time to make Ubuntu better!
** Summary changed:
- Ubuntu's custom Firefox covers windowless Flash context menu
+ Firefox' context-menu covers windowless-SWF context menu
** Description changed:
- Binary package hint: firefox-3.0
+ Summary: Firefox' context-menu covers SWF context menu
- This problem occurs with 8.04.1 on a number of machines in our office,
- both on actual hardware and virtualized VMware sessions.
+ Steps to reproduce:
* Install Firefox 3 through Ubuntu's package manager. Uninstall any officially installed Flash Player versions. Download Flash Player 10 beta 2 from: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/ ; install to ~/.mozilla/plugins
* Start the version of Firefox 3.0.1 provided by Ubuntu
- * Select "Help -> About Mozilla Firefox" from the menu; Firefox reports "Gecko/2008072820"
* Go to: http://www.communitymx.com/content/source/E5141/wmodetrans.htm
* Right-click on the SWF
- Problem: the SWF context menu appears but is covered by Firefox's
- context menu.
+ Expected Result:
+ The SWF context menu should pop up.
+ Actual Result:
+ The SWF context menu appears but is covered by Firefox's context menu.
Repeat the same process for Firefox 3.0.1 downloaded directly from
Mozilla. Firefox's context menu does not cover up Flash's context menu.
- The reason I am reporting this to Ubuntu is that the problem occurs with
- Ubuntu's custom version of Firefox, not with Firefox mainline.
Also, this only occurs on windowless SWFs. The URL linked above is a
simple example of a windowless SWF.
** Changed in: firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
Firefox' context-menu covers windowless-SWF context menu
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs