[Bug 258987] [NEW] Firefox gives blank page on statrup with an OK button
dipaktc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 04:44:59 UTC 2008
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
Am facing one problem while running Firefox on power pc machine running
Ubuntu. Let me give the details.
1. I have a headless ( monitor less) power pc machine on which I have installed Ubuntu.
2. I used apt-get install Firefox to install Firefox on this ( Mozilla Firefox 126.96.36.199, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2007 Mozilla.org)
3. I run X ming on my Windows XP machine and use putty to connect to the power pc machine.
4. When I run Firefox & on the putty terminal, Firefox throws up a blank dialog with OK button. When I press OK, Firefox closes.
5. If I run Firefox in safe-mode it opens without any issues. But the preferences tab is blank again.
Can someone tell me what could be the issue here ? I want to get the
Firefox running in the normal mode.
I tried the same with Firefox 188.8.131.52 ( by building the from the
source). I observed the same behavior.
I also tried with Firefox 3.0, This time the dialog displayed the
message "Error Launching browser window: No XBL binding for browser". In
addition on the console, I get this error "(Gecko:2236): G Lib-CRITICAL
**: g_hash_table_unref: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed."
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
Firefox gives blank page on statrup with an OK button
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs