[Bug 146172] [NEW] Codec search opens one window to ask me about searching, another window while searching
Launchpad Bug Tracker
146172 at bugs.launchpad.net
Sat Aug 9 03:23:23 UTC 2008
You have been subscribed to a public bug:
Ubuntu Gutsy, without any extra codecs installed
1. Try to open an MP3 file.
2. In the "Search for suitable codec?" alert, click "Search".
3. Observe the resulting "Searching for appropriate codecs window".
What happens: Steps 2 and 3 are separate windows, requiring an
unnecessary mouse click.
What should happen:
* Steps 2 and 3 are the same progress window: "The plugin to play this type of file (MP3) is not installed. Totem is searching the software repositories for an appropriate plugin."
* The combined progress window has a "Cancel" button, so if I want to cancel the operation before the search finishes, I can. Otherwise, I can cancel it in the resulting list of plugins.
* Any necessary warning about the software not being supported is shown in the resulting list of plugins, not in a preliminary alert.
** Affects: firefox-3.0 (Ubuntu)
Codec search opens one window to ask me about searching, another window while searching
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox-3.0 in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs