[Bug 214981] [NEW] With Compiz, URL auto-complete menu repeatedly flies in and out
Matthew Paul Thomas
mpt at canonical.com
Thu Apr 10 07:48:08 UTC 2008
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
Ubuntu Hardy beta, all updates installed
1. Clear Firefox's address field, then type "www.example.com", and press Enter.
2. In "System" > "Preferences" > "Appearance" > "Visual Effects", choose either "Normal" or "Extra" (if one of them is not selected already).
3. Clear Firefox's address field, then type "www.example.com", making occasional typos and correcting them along the way.
* The auto-complete menu flies onto the screen from somewhere behind your head.
* Whenever you make a typo such that there are no matching suggestions, the menu flies away, and invisibly sprints from behind your computer around your body to wait behind your head, ready to fly down onto the screen again once there are matching suggestions.
What should happen:
* The auto-complete menu should appear and disappear near-instantly, like a normal menu does (even normal menus in Firefox).
This problem is new to Firefox 3 and is extremely distracting. I'm
guesing it occurs because the auto-complete menu is not set as
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_MENU, so Compiz treats it like a normal window
instead of a menu.
(For the sake of those who might report duplicates: the address field is
also known as the URL bar, the location bar, or -- for people who
haven't used Epiphany, Opera, or IE5/Mac -- the "awesome bar".)
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
With Compiz, URL auto-complete menu repeatedly flies in and out
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is subscribed to firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs