[Bug 123132] Mouse arrow flicker while playing google video and hover footer index
xeno at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 29 21:06:26 UTC 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
Reproduction of this bug is requiring a pretty specific sequence on a
Gutsy desktop installation (I cannot reproduce this at all on my Feisty
laptop) I have at home as follows:
0. You may want to make Google your default page. You will also want to use generic ubuntu with no frills and the window indexes that are standard on the bottom because that is where the flickering is.
1. Starting from a fresh boot on a Gutsy Ubuntu (Gnome) desktop, evoke Firefox and let it fully come up. Bring up the main google page.
2. Make a second window with firefox using <ctrl>-N. Bring up the main Google page (The more times you do this step, the more likely the bug will reproduce, at least to some extent, the main object being to get a window index on the far lower right, however I find once is getting me there consistently).
3. Search for "If everyone cared" on the google video. I find this reproduces it consistently, but another google video will probably be fine.
4. When your search list comes up, go down the list and pick your first play of this video on "video.google.com". Do not use any of the Youtube links, as they do not reproduce the bug as well. Hover over the link with the mouse clicking the right button and select the [Open Link in New Window] option.
5. Move your mouse centered over the string "nickel" on the far right index to the playing window on the bottom of the desktop and try leaving it centered over that string. If it does not flicker immediately, keep trying to move the mouse a little. It seems to do it most when it is centered over some part of the string "nickel" and basically on or inside the margins of the window index window.
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
Mouse arrow flicker while playing google video and hover footer index
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is a bug contact for firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs