[Bug 128850] firefox hangs before GUI is shown
glenn.ergeerts at telenet.be
Sat Jul 28 06:22:17 UTC 2007
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: firefox
I've got a problem with firefox (22.214.171.124+1-0ubuntu1) on a clean kubuntu feisty install.
Firefox does not start on my machine. When i start it from the console nothing happens, i get no output and firefox does not appear, it just hangs until i kill the process.
What i have tried:
* rm -r ~/.mozilla/* -> now it shows the import wizard before hanging
* firefox -safe-mode -> does not help
* sudo rm /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/* -> does not help
* sudo aptitude reinstall mozilla-firefox firefox -> does not help
* strace firefox -> i will attach the output
** Affects: firefox (Ubuntu)
firefox hangs before GUI is shown
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mozilla
Bugs, which is a bug contact for firefox in ubuntu.
More information about the Ubuntu-mozillateam-bugs