fonts-sahel

Utkarsh Gupta utkarsh.gupta at canonical.com
Tue Sep 6 21:26:01 UTC 2022

Hey,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 12:19 AM A. Shafiei <rshf at gmx.com> wrote:
> Sure, all repositories of farsi-fonts team have been migrated to git:
>     https://code.launchpad.net/~farsi-fonts/+git

Nice! \o/

>     https://code.launchpad.net/~farsi-fonts/+git/fonts-vazirmatn
> He said he would modify the changelog to kinetic-proposed.

It should target "kinetic" and the upload goes to the -proposed pocket
(which is what Steve was referring to), from where it goes to the
-release pocket. :)

> The packages fonts-sahel and fonts-yas remain to be reviewed and sponsored:
>     https://code.launchpad.net/~farsi-fonts/+git/fonts-sahel

I've sponsored the upload after making some trivial changes, which are
visible here: https://git.launchpad.net/~farsi-fonts/+git/fonts-sahel/log/

These basically are:
- d/watch: I've simplified the regex so it's now very simple to read
and understand. Let me know if you have any questions.
- d/control: I've added the Vcs-* fields.
- d/changelog: I've removed the "focal" and "jammy" entries because
we're first gonna target "kinetic". And adjusted the version number.

Simultaneously, I've also pushed two additional branches: upstream and
pristine-tar. Now that the pristine-tar branch exists with all the
data, it's going to be very easy to regenerate the orig tarball. You
just need to type "origtargz" and the orig tarball will be generated
from the data present in the branch. Do you know about these branches?
Should I explain more? There is a lot of documentation available,
though. :)

If this all makes sense to you, can you prepare fonts-yas the same
way? I'll be happy to sponsor that.

- u