Frescobaldi package broken in Jammy

Jean Abou Samra jean at abou-samra.fr
Mon Oct 24 13:24:30 UTC 2022

Hi Simon,

Thanks for replying!

Le 24/10/2022 à 15:02, Simon Chopin a écrit :
> We usually don't upload new upstream releases to stable series¹, but
> rather cherry-pick specific fixes. This is implied by the SRU rules in
> the "New upstream microreleases" section.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates
>
> This is particularly relevant in this case since the 3.2 version seems
> to have picked up a whole new dependency which isn't even in the
> archive.

Well, it's kind of not really a new dependency, it's basically a bunch
of code that was moved from the core code base into a separate repository,
but I understand what you mean.

> The best way to ensure we fix this in Jammy is to point us towards the
> specific commit(s) that address the problem at hand, or, even better,
> prepare a debdiff with those patches to get the package sponsored.

I don't know my way around the Debian/Ubuntu packaging tools,
but here is the list of commits that look relevant to me:

https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/1177e03157e7a38d25943458c8930317d98c9e0a
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/5a3605b93f2ee4d2f287ce39183713056d88a29c
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/87f87249f1ef0ab0e54490dfed47db0718f4f072
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/849f299ee97f0b2cd0bc81c9a01153f349c1d340
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/c0d68b4e1a6c8f6ed4e4f5d0147dc0d83f5c889c
https://github.com/frescobaldi/frescobaldi/commit/73cd53e7e089537aa853eea7d43f212145bd5ef5

Of course, you'd want to test that the app starts before integrating
the cherry-picks.

Best,
Jean