About CVE-2017-9525

佐々木将信 masanobu.sasaki at bizreach.co.jp
Mon Mar 22 12:57:12 UTC 2021

Hi team ,

I may have found a miss leading advisory about CVE-2017-9525 on your web site*1.
The status of the vulnerability is still “needed” on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver)	.
However, this is already fixed in version “3.0pl1-128.1ubuntu1” .

This vulnerability might be regarding maintenance script(such as posttest ) when I see Debian’s fixing *2.
If it is, Ubuntu cron seems to be fixed at above version considering diffs on the version .*3

I apologize if I don’t follow reporting rules and if I mistake.

*1
https://ubuntu.com/security/CVE-2017-9525

*2
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/cron/-/commit/a10ab4e346e941aaa92f4b671a96895392b917af <https://salsa.debian.org/debian/cron/-/commit/a10ab4e346e941aaa92f4b671a96895392b917af>