Fwd: Updating touchegg major version

José Expósito jose.exposito89 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:18:38 UTC 2020

Hi all!

I'm the developer of https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg
In the following weeks, I'll release a new major version (2.0.0).

I just wanted to contact the package maintainer to see what steps I can
take to make his/her life easier.

Here is the branch I'll release:
https://github.com/JoseExposito/touchegg/tree/feature/libinput

Changes I'd like to make to the package:

 - Update the project homepage to GitHub
 - Update the watch rule
 - Remove the Qt 5 patch. Qt is not used anymore, so it is not required
 - As I migrated to CMake, CPack seems the correct way of doing this.
However I don't know if you prefer to use other tools. I truly appreciate
your advice on this topic

I can introduce those changes upstream or create a pull request in
Launchpad, what is your recommendation?

Also, I'd like to know if it is possible to rename the package and drop de
final gg (gesture gatherer) as I think that just Touché is easier to
remember.

Thanks you very much in advance for your support,
Jose