Ubuntu 18.04 minetest-server

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 17 09:36:30 UTC 2019

Hi Amy,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 06:23:33PM -0500, acrate at airmail.cc wrote:
> Hi, this email is listed as the maintainer for the minetest-server package
> on Ubuntu 18.04. The version is currently 0.4.17, and the current upstream
> version is 5.0.1. I was emailing to find out if/when the package will be
> updated.

Ubuntu "Eoan Ermine" is likely to ship with minetest-server 5.0.1 (or
later) in October as Ubuntu 19.10. You can follow the versions of the
package on different Ubuntu releases at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/minetest.

Existing stable releases are unlikely to be updated. This is deliberate:
that we don't update them with feature updates is ultimately why people
use them! See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates for details
of our policy.

HTH,

Robie