ODB bug #889664 in Ubuntu Bionic

Jorge Rodriguez jr at blue-ocean-robotics.com
Fri Jan 11 14:02:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

We have an application that makes use of ODB and it works fine in Ubuntu
Xenial. We are trying to upgrade to Bionic but there is a compilation error
with this application. After googleing it, i am pretty sure the bug is this
one <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=889664>. It as
already been fixed in the patch version 2.4.0-7.

My issue is that the released version in Bionic is 2.4.0-6
<https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=odb&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all>,
that still contains the bug. I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade
the version in bionic and, if so, what has to be done?

Besides, I am not sure if this is the right channel to ask. I don't think
is a bug perse, because is already fixed, but at the same time i find very
difficult to accept the situation of not using ODB with Bionic because this
bug is totally blocking.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Robot Architect at Blue Ocean Robotics

Mobile: +45 81 82 56 40

E-mail: jr at blue-ocean-robotics.com

Skype: jr at blue-ocean-robotics.com <http://www.skype.com/>

Web:   www.blue-ocean-robotics.com

Connect: LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/blue-ocean-robotics>
Twitter <https://twitter.com/BlueOceanRobot>  Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/BlueOceanRobotics/>

<https://blue-ocean-robotics.com/?utm_source=Email%20signature%20logo&utm_medium=email%20logo&utm_campaign=email%20signature&utm_term=Blue%20Ocean%20Robotics%20logo&utm_content=bor%20email%20logo>

We Create and Commercialize Robots

[image: RoBi-X email picture.jpg]
<https://blue-ocean-robotics.com/robi-x/?utm_source=Email%20signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email%20signature&utm_term=RoBi-X&utm_content=robi-x%20email%20signature>

--
For your information, we store your personal data (name + mail) for the
purpose of fulfilling business relationships. You are entitled to access,