Shibboleth package maintenance in Ubuntu [Was: SRU: Shibboleth SPv3 for bionic]

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 16 14:14:11 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 03:59:41PM +0200, Etienne Dysli Metref wrote:
> What's the best way to represent this in Launchpad?
>   - Shall I create a new team on LP or rather claim the team
> https://launchpad.net/~pkg-shibboleth-devel ("Is this a team you run?")?

I asked, and was told "those are just autocreated persons based on the
email address". I think you'd be best creating a separate team.

>   - Do I need to create a project as well?

No need for that. In fact you don't even need a Launchpad team as such
unless you have some specific need - it won't go into ACLs anywhere. You
can use a Launchpad team to host VCS, but as you're using Salsa, that
won't be necessary either.

You could be fine declaring that a team exists but deferring the
creation of anything representing that in Launchpad until later when
it's actually needed if you prefer. Or you can create it in Launchpad
now if you want to give it some firm basis. Your choice.

Launchpad teams also allow you to host mailing lists, but I recommend
using ubuntu-motu@ for getting started, again splitting off later if
needed if things get too busy.

HTH,

Robie