Can Ubuntu switch to packaging the current version of AutoKey

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Dec 11 12:09:11 UTC 2018

I hope this  is the right list to post on.

I am trying to contact the person/team which packages AutoKey for Ubuntu.

It used to be done by Luke Faraone.

I help support the AutoKey project/package (which is available in the
Ubuntu repos).

As of release 18.04 (I haven't checked newer), Ubuntu provides AutoKey
0.90.4.

This version is almost seven years old and unsupported.

The current release is available from

https://github.com/autokey/autokey

with installation instructions here:

https://github.com/autokey/autokey/wiki/Installing#debian-and-derivatives

It has many bug fixes, some significant enhancements, and is under
active development.

It would benefit both our communities if Ubuntu would start including
the current version instead of the ancient, buggy one.

I don't know how to contact the Ubuntu packagers directly, so I'm asking
for your assistance in this matter.

We will be happy to provide any additional information you may require.

Thanks.

Joe