LaTeXML Debian/Ubuntu packages

Matteo Seclì secli.matteo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 14:18:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I’m writing to ask some info about the Ubuntu packages of LaTeXML (
https://dlmf.nist.gov/LaTeXML/).

The project already has Debian maintainers that keep the package updated in
Debian (https://packages.debian.org/sid/latexml). I see that basically the
same packages get ported over to Ubuntu, but they don’t get updated when a
new version is released. The latest version of LaTeXML is 0.8.3 (which is
going to be packaged for Debian in a couple of days), but I see that the
latest versions in Ubuntu are still 0.7.0-1 (4-years old) for Trusty,
0.8.1-1 (3-years old) for Xenial, 0.8.2-1 for Bionic and 0.8.2-2 for
Cosmic, so only Cosmic is (so far) on par with the package in Debian Sid.

As I don’t know anything about the process of propagating these packages
from Debian to Ubuntu, I’m asking some info to you. Is this process
automatic or does it require some extra steps? What would it take to keep
the package updated for each version of Ubuntu which is still officially
supported?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Matteo
--