Package

Ross Gammon rosco2 at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 10 19:50:38 UTC 2017

Hi Muhammed,

On 08/01/17 03:30, Muhammed Arshid KV wrote:

> Hi,
> I am newbie in python app development.
> I created simple python script. How to create deb file and add to
> repository (like apt-get repository) ?

If it is just for your own use, you could package it and upload it to
your own ppa. There is some information here:
http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/packaging-new-software.html

If you want everyone to be able to install it, then it is best to get it
packaged for Debian, and then it will eventually migrate to Ubuntu:
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

It would be a good idea to make sure your python script is in good shape
for distributing first:
https://packaging.python.org/distributing/

Cheers,

Ross