FW: FLEXBACKUP

Stephan Cilliers stephan at scconsult.co.za
Thu Nov 24 13:15:17 UTC 2016

Dear FlexBackup

I have been using FlexBackup successfully for the past 8 years on Ubuntu
10.04, 12.04 and 14.04 TLS.

I have recently upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 TLS and noticed a strange
phenomena.

When I extract the zipped file, duplicate files are reported in the
destination folder.

I have attached the following files included in the WinRAR zipped file

1.       Flexbackup.conf

2.       The original /test folder I backed up

3.       The backup file: test.0.201611241425.tar.gz

4.       A screen capture of the terminal window of the backup process (text
file): TEST FLEXBAKUP SCREEN REPORT

5.       The extracted folder: test.0.201611241425

When I extracted the backup file I choose an option to rename duplicate
files.

In the original folder, there is only one file (eg. Level 6). The file in
the extracted folder level6(5) is therefore the 5th copy of the file.

I noticed that as I drilled deeper into the directories, that the number of
copies increases. Meening that in

level 2 there are now 3 copies of the file

level 3 there are now 4 copies of the file

level 4 there are now 5 copies of the file and so on.

After I noticed this problem, I did a fresh install of UBUNTU 16.04 TLS on a
different machine and got the same results.

Would you kindly investigate this matter and let me know.

Kind regards

Stephan Cilliers

Professional Engineer

SC Consulting (Pty) Ltd  .   reg. no.: 2002/015924/07  .  Structural and
Civil Engineers

Suite 2, Canterbury Park, 67 Pres. Reitz Avenue, Bloemfontein  .  P.O. Box
29142, Danhof, 9310

Cell: 0823717290  .  Tel:  051 406 3460  .  Fax: 051 406 3461  .  Email:
<mailto:stephan at scconsult.co.za> stephan at scconsult.co.za

   .   DIRECTOR: SP Cilliers PrEng BEng (Civil) MSAICE   .