How could I join?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 17 10:20:46 UTC 2016

Hi Alberto,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 05:57:03PM +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Do you know how could I join (https://launchpad.net/~motu)?

Formally, you apply to the DMB. See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess

> If you want to know I have been a long time contributor to Ubuntu, and I
> have coordinated its papercuts quality assurance and prioritised most of its
> bugs since 2011.
>
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts)

We expect to see a history of successful sponsored uploads to the
relevant packages. So in this case, generally packages in universe not
other associated with a specific team.

> Also I'm studying computer engineering, and I have training on lean
> manufacturing and community management. That is to say I deal with complex
> things without mistakes.
>
> (https://goo.gl/photos/5SEHMwtib2xLqRR18)
>
> I have found a software that seems interesting for Ubuntu, but that for a
> long time nobody published it apart from in a personal archive. So I thought
> that perhaps I could take the job myself.

This doesn't necessarily require MOTU. To package new software in
Ubuntu, the usual route is to do it through Debian.
See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

HTH,

Robie