feedback on first packaging attempt for myself ;-)

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri May 20 15:36:08 UTC 2016

Xen schreef op 20-05-2016 17:25:

> <snip>

The reason I am not ready to supply the patch for real yet (to Grub2) is
because:

- I don't know if they would agree with not requiring a VG
- They kept bitching about the filesystem check, whereas the filesystem
check always fails on an LVM (at least on a PV) so that then requires
the -s option to be able to install at all (skipping the check)

And I'm not yet sure if I have to work on more guarantees that it will
catch anomalies prior to installing (junk left behind by previous PVs,
bootloaderarea size too small).

And I'm not sure if it makes sense to look for the PV in the 1st sector
(as it currently does) since LVM will never create a PV in that sector,
and will also not recognise one if it exists.

Regards.

Maybe this is beside the point though, I just wanted to share.