i3wm package – new dependency

Ingo Bürk admin at airblader.de
Mon Apr 11 18:42:16 UTC 2016

Hi @ package maintainers of various distributions,

you are listed as the maintainer of the i3 window manager package of
some distribution. I wanted to give all of you a headsup that there is a
new library[1] which we are aiming to pull into i3 with the next
release. We also expect this library to be used in a bunch of other
packages such as awesomeWM and cairo in the neat future.

Therefore, you might want to get things started to provide this library
for your distribution so that it's easier for people to build from
source and so that the i3wm package can be updated quicker after the
next release. Or you can ignore this headsup entirely. :-)

Thanks for your attention! If you have any questions or concerns, please
don't hesitate to ask.

[1] https://github.com/Airblader/xcb-util-xrm

Regards
Ingo