Still Working on a deb package

Craig Bakalian craigbakalian at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 18:57:07 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Okay, I have made an launchpad account.  I have made my key and my ssh
key.  I have created a ppa called qTangram.  And, yes, I am still
struggling with making a package to go into the ppa.

I have gone through this->

http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/packaging-new-software.html

and I am confused at 6.2 Starting a Package.

Why is following code happening?

bzr dh-make hello 2.7 hello-2.7.tar.gz

Doesn't the above tar contain all of the c source files and makefiles
and configuration file?  Why is this necessary?

Lastly, there is a simple video on creating a package.  If I follow this
video will I be able to upload a package created just like the one in
the video?

Craig Bakalian