Update package to new upstream

Vardan Pogosyan vardan.pogosyan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 07:09:40 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone! =)
I have compiled a snort package in my PPA. I've compiled the package from
ubuntu upstream
What I mean. From bzr branch ubuntu:snort. The last version of snort in the
ubuntu upstream is 2.9.7.0.

As may you know, new version of snort is out 2.9.7.2.
I've made decision to update snort package in my ppa. I've done the
following for building new version of snort package:
1. bzr branch ubuntu:snort
2. download the snort latest tarball 2.9.7.2
3. bzr merege-upstream /path/to/the/latest/snort/tarball

The question is. Is that correct way of updating package to the new
upstream ?
Why i asking. When i did these steps I confront with that, I need to fix
quilt patches manually.
Any suggestions of any help? May be I'am doing something wrong