Requested update to xkeycaps

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Mon Sep 1 22:05:01 UTC 2014

Could the xkeycaps package be updated to support the Sun type-6 keyboard?
There is already a patch available for this, applied against the last
official 2.46 source, which can be found at this website:

http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil/

This patch can be downloaded as the file xkeycaps-2.46_sun6usbpatch.tar.gz
using the following link:

http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil/goodies/xkeycaps-2.46_sun6usbpatch.tar.gz

Like a great many people, I am struggling to get full support for the
Sun keyboard on my Xubuntu 14.04.1 system.  Currently, there are some
problematic keycode duplications between the keypad and other keys.  In
addition, all keys on the left side of the keyboard are non-functional.
I have not found any documentation on how to address these problems.  If
anyone working with the xkeycaps program has any insights or pointers, I
would be most grateful if you could share them with me.  In particular,
is there an editable translation table somewhere that would allow the
Scan Codes for the non-responsive keys to be somehow defined to issue a
unique set of KeyCodes?

Thanks,
--
C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040